I feel like my spiritual walk has been like that. a big long walk in the desert. aka a “dry season” It has been interesting.. It has mainly sucked whenever I sit and think deep down about it (which is about….weekly) I feel like my spirit has been so far from God most of the time the past…few years. I can’t even put a time span on it but I haven’t been ON FIRE for God in quite awhile. I’ve had small temporary moments but nothing that I can recall with detail. Now, I haven’t turned away from God. I still pray and I read the bible almost every day but.. hmm how do I explain this… it just doesn’t rock my world like it has before. I know that God hears my prayers and even answers them! But I don’t always have the motivation or discipline really, to pray more, to read more, to study and learn more about Daddy. I may have a revelation for a moment but it doesn’t last long. Now please don’t misunderstand me. I still believe in the Holy Trinity and my faith has not faltered. I’ve just been in a really strange place.. But after talking to a good friend of mine about how I have tried to do so many different things to light a spark and nothing’s worked…she suggested a prayer journal. Where I write what I’m thankful for, prayer requests, and leave space for answers. I started this morning giving thanks for my job interview and I verbally prayed for the interview when I woke up and I ended up getting the job! Time to go write down His answer :D Anyways I just wanted to share this to you all and ask if any one has suggestions of things I can try that have worked for you!
I’m going to be a product photographer for a manufacturing company about 15mins from my house. Making more money then at Domino’s so I can quit there (or possibly just work 1-2 nights a week) and be doing something that I love and utilizing the AA degree I got 2 years ago!
Tell us an embarrassing story. When I was 14 I was at summer camp and we were hiking a 7 mile hike. my cabin of girls and a cabin of boys the same age to the place we were gonna stay that night. we were almost done with the hike when I really had to poop. i’m not one who can hold it very long so… I let everyone go ahead of me and I pooped my pants >.< I ended up tossing my chonies into a tree. I only told one counselor and she was awesome and helped me out. Who’s your biggest celebrity crush? Ryan Gosling and Emma Stonson (that’s emma stone and emma watson) Name three Disney movies that you adore. Peter Pan, Hercules, and Brave.
“If you’re a Christian seeking a relationship please check your motive. As Christians we only enter relationships if we intend on getting married, we’re not like the world, we don’t “test drive.” Women are not cars and men are not objects to fill your insecurities, we don’t date for “fun.” If you’re not seeking marriage then stop seeking relationship. And of course the point of marriage is to glorify God, and partner together for the Gospel.”—I believe this to be true and I want it for my future Mr and I. But I fail at waiting. I get tempted and I stumble because I love the attention and affection the rare times I get it. And I settle. I shouldn’t settle. I need to be spiritually strong so I’m not physically stumbling. But I am spiritually weak right now. It’s a desert kind of dry season for me. It sucks. Okay I’m done rambling
What song do you listen to when you’re feeling down? Hmmm I don’t go to music very often when I’m down but I suppose I would listen to something happy and upbeat. Maybe Owl City or Lights. How many languages can you speak? Fluently only one. I can get by with Spanish and I know some KiSwahili. What is your favourite animal? Panda!
2. Anyone crushing on you? not that i know of for sure
8. What color are your eyes? brown
15. Who was the last person you kissed? Josh
16. Do you like funny people or serious people? both and somewhere inbetween
19. Are you happy right now? Yeah
23. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? don’t think our paths are going to cross in that way again
30. Have you ever told someone you loved them and didn’t mean it? I didn’t mean it in the “im in love with you” sense of the phrase
33. If you could go back in time and change things, would you? no because things happen for a reason and have made me who I am. There are mistakes that will happen in the future that will make me a better person in the end so I wouldn’t change a thing of the past.
47. If your best friend of the opposite sex went out with someone you knew was wrong for them would you speak up? I would probably have a conversation with him to understand why he wanted to them and express any concerns I had.